Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pita Chips

After making pita bread that turned out to be hard, firm, dry, and disgusting, I made these pita chips, which were crunchy and delicious.


I only made salted ones, but I'm sure they would be delicious with a cinnamon sugar or cheese topping!

Ingredients:
3 pitas, cut into wedges
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 clove garlic, cut into 4 pieces
salt
pepper

Directions:
Preheat the oven and a pizza stone to 375˚F. 
Place the pita wedges on a baking sheet. Combine the olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Brush the pita chips with the olive oil mixture. Transfer the pita wedges to the preheated pizza stones and bake for about 15 minutes.
Source: Food Network

2 comments:

  1. nice save! they'd be perfect with a batch of creamy hummus. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate wasting any food, so I love this idea! Great creative use of what most people would just throw away.

    ReplyDelete

SHARE

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...