Friday, March 2, 2012

Breakfast Potatoes


I originally made these for breakfast last Sunday and they were great in the morning alongside eggs and fruit. Later in the week we ate them with turkey burgers and they were equally as good then as they were on Sunday.


Ingredients:
4 large potatoes
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 shallot 
1 jalapeno pepper 
2 cloves garlic 
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Directions:
Bring a medium-sized pot of salted water to a boil.
Scrub the potatoes and dice into small pieces. Add potatoes to the boiling water and cook for about 10 minutes. Pour the water and potatoes into a strainer, rinse with cold water until the potatoes are cool and set aside.
Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Mince the shallot, jalapenos, and garlic and add to the skillet. Cook 5-10 minutes. Add the potatoes and cook untouched for about 10 minutes. Add the salt and pepper, cover, and cook until tender.
Source: Crepes of Wrath

7 comments:

  1. Ruth REYNOSO-SANCEMarch 3, 2012 at 9:13 AM

    That breakfast looks delicious! Protein, fiber and starch, just beautiful :) I love potatoes however they are made but those are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely breakfast! Really scrumptious looking.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohmygawsh, I love, LOVE breakfast potatoes. My mom makes them in the oven, so their basically roasted potatoes for breakfast. These look delicious! I bet they're fluffy inside from the boiling water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Potatoes are my favourite breakfast carb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is one of my favorite way to make potatoes!!
    i am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
    my boys are making french toast this morning..

    ReplyDelete
  6. yum yum yum, I love breakfast potatoes anytime of day. They were one of my favorite things my grandma use to make me.

    ReplyDelete

SHARE

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...