Sunday, March 11, 2012

Caprese Grilled Cheese

The salad in sandwich form. Even better!

Ingredients:
6 slices bread
unsalted butter
3 tablespoons pesto
3 slices mozzarella cheese
1 large tomato, cut into 6 slices

Directions:
Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
Spread a small amount of butter on the outside of each slice of bread. Spread the pesto on the inside. Place 1 mozzarella and 2 tomato slices on the insides.
Place the sandwich on the non-stick pan and cook until golden brown on each side.
Source: Closet Cooking

10 comments:

  1. I probably eat more caprese than any other human being on earth. This looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this mix of flavors! And, this reminds me, I still have some basil pesto from last fall in my freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What can I say? The click of the grilled cheese has me drooling and wanting to lift it off the screen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taylor @ greens & chocolateMarch 12, 2012 at 7:40 AM

    Mmm this sandwich reminds me of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is nothing more comforting than a good old grilled cheese sandwich. I love the addition of tomatoes to this sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, it's now in my list of favorite sandwiches

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks delicious.I really like using pesto in this sandwich. It's a great way to add flavor. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. this one's great because it not only delivers in flavor, but it has such an impressive appearance as well! bonus: i LOVE pesto!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog so I could find yours! This sandwich is just calling my name - I'm pinning it right now for future use! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, thank you so much for pinning! I'm pretty sure this is the first time someone has ever pinned one of my recipes; it means so much to me!

    ReplyDelete

SHARE

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...