Saturday, April 21, 2012

Caramel Nut Brownies

Although this recipe calls for a cake mix, these are probably the best brownies I have ever made! The top and bottom layers have a german chocolate cake mix while the filling has caramel, chocolate, and nuts.

If you like really gooey brownies, bake these for less time. If you like a firmer brownie, bake these for a few minutes longer. I like to bake these for the time listed in the recipe (15-18 minutes) so they are firm enough to easily cut, but are still gooey. Either way, these are delicious!


Ingredients:
1 package Kraft caramels 
5 ounce can evaporated milk
1 German Chocolate cake mix 
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350˚F. 
Melt the caramels and half of the evaporated milk in a double broiler. 
Combine the cake mix, butter, and the remaining evaporated milk. Place half of this mixture in an 8 x 8 inch pan. Bake 6 minutes. 
Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips and chopped nuts. 
Evenly spread the melted caramel mixture over top. Pat the rest of the dough over the caramels until the caramel is covered. 
Bake 15-18 minutes.
Source: Andie

10 comments:

  1. I love chocolate and caramel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - wow - wow!! Talk about one delicilous looking brownie :) Caramel, chocolate and nuts ... count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my favorite kind of brownie and yours look perfect, Elizabeth! So mouthwatering and fudgy... yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can never buy those caramels because I always eat half the bag while I'm baking. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmmmm such good lookn brownies!

    http://goo.gl/dC6Mu

    ReplyDelete
  6. Caramel is such great addition to brownies. This is a really exciting combo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That inner layer of caramel is definitely calling to me. These sound addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Macaroni and CheesecakeApril 26, 2012 at 3:03 PM

    These look amazing!! Love the caramel layer and the fudgy look of the brownies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yummy, these look terrific! The caramel looks divine, I think I'd eat half of them when baking! My to-do list is super long now with these added!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found your site on from another blog. Just wanted to let you know that I subscribed to your feed and can't wait to see what your next post will be.

    ReplyDelete

SHARE

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...