Sunday, April 15, 2012

Cookie Sticks

I don't particularly like making cookies because it usually takes so long once you start baking them to keep putting sheets of balls of cookie dough into the oven since the recipe makes so many cookies. I liked the idea of these cookie sticks because you still get cookies, but without the time it takes to form the cookies and keep pans in and out of the oven. Convenient!


Ingredients:
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup M and Ms

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment and set aside.
Stir together the oil, sugars, egg, and vanilla in a medium size bowl. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and stir until just combined. Divide the dough in half and form each half into a large rectangle the length of the cookie sheet. Press the M and Ms evenly on top of the dough and bake 8-9 minutes.
Let cool for 5 minutes before cutting the dough into small strips.
Source: Cookies and Cups

7 comments:

  1. These look easy, but they also look really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I've wanted to make cookie bars/sticks for a while now. I love the idea of adding M&Ms into the batter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh. These look amazing. I have to try these asap! Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog, you're so nice! Please keep in touch!

    Lots of love xxx

    www.etiennesjournal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mister Pineapple ManApril 16, 2012 at 8:52 PM

    This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agreed, cookies are a MAJOR pain. I much prefer these sticks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Convenient cookies indeed! I don't know why these aren't so popular because they're a brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for finding my blog and I tried to add to yours by using Google Friend Connect but it's sulking at the moment worldwide so your newest anonymous follower doesn't want to be anon ;-) Meanwhile I love these cookies what a good idea and of course I'm real good at tidying up edges, yum ! cheers Pauline aka Mrs Mulford

    ReplyDelete

SHARE

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...