Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Edamame Stuffed Avocados

Over the past few weeks I have grown to love avocados. I didn't really like them before, but they are so delicious! I like eating them this way with edamame and I also like to slice half of one and put it on a toasted piece of bread.


This original recipe called for more ingredients for the edamame filling as well as a dressing but I just leave those components out because I didn't really like the dressing or the other ingredients with the edamame when I first tried it.


I also like to eat this with a little bit of salsa and bread or pita chips. Scoopable, spreadable, and always a nice meal.


Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups shelled edamame
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
2 ripe avocados, sliced in half with pits removed
1/2 cup unsweetened or sweetened coconut, toasted
salt and pepper, to taste

Directions:
Combine the edamame and parsley in a medium bowl. Place a spoonful of this mixture into half of an avocado pit and top with a little of the toasted coconut. Eat with a spoon, salted and peppered.
Source: Joy the Baker

13 comments:

  1. What a very appetizing dish ! Healthy and colorful , too ! Yummy !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I have some edamame lying around, that I was wondering what to do with. This has solved my problem! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my kinda lunch! I have half an avocado nearly everyday. Avocados are my favorite thing to eat. I'll be trying them with edamame soon. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely recipe, this looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! The whole meal is looking so tempting! With so much heat here, the edamame stuffed avocados sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a seriously fun idea! This is so filling and nutritious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love avocados and I love stuffing them with different ingredients! That looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This does look like a pretty awesome way to prepare avocados! Also, you do not see very much with edamame, so glad to come across this. Healthy as well as tasty dish. Sigh, lunchtime is hours away...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't imagine not liking avocados - they're one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  10. two of my favorite green foods are avocado and edamame, and the toasted coconut on top is marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Also, you do not see very much with edamame, so glad to come across this. Healthy as well as tasty dish. Sigh, lunchtime is hours away...

    http://goo.gl/p3a89

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by my blog :) This looks awesome. I have been having an addiction to edamame recently :) LOL Love that stuff :) Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love avocado and edamame. this is such a lovely colorful platter.

    ReplyDelete

SHARE

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...