Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Lettuce Wraps

I was a little skeptical about making these wraps at first because I had never tried or cooked with tofu before. This recipe originally called for 1/4 teaspoon chili powder, but I ended up adding 1 teaspoon of chili powder because it tasted a little bland with just 1/4 teaspoon.


These were so simple and easy to make, but still tasted great (especially topped with avocado).


Ingredients:
1 tablespoon olive oil
12-14 ounce package firm tofu
11 ounce can shoepeg corn
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 cup soy sauce
Romaine lettuce hearts
avocados

Directions:
Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a medium skillet. Add the tofu, break into very small pieces, and cook until it starts to darken. Add corn, cook for a couple of minutes, add chili powder and soy sauce and cook for about a minute more.
Spoon into romaine hearts and top with avocado.
Source: The Pioneer Woman

4 comments:

  1. I've never had avocado on my lettuce wraps, but this sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to try homemade lettuce wraps. Silly me. These look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. more chili powder, more! i love corn and i love avocados and they both look so nice in a green wrap. :)

    ReplyDelete

SHARE

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...