Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Vegetable Risotto

I was really enjoyed with how the first risotto I made turned out, and I knew I wanted to make it again soon. I switched up the vegetables in this recipe from the original recipe, so you could substitute in other vegetables if you would like. You can't really go wrong with this recipe!


Ingredients:
5 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup diced carrots
1 bunch broccoli, cut into pieces
1 bunch asparagus, snapped
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
1/2 whole yellow onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 teaspoons salt, divided
1 1/2 cups arborio rice
1 1/2 cups dry white wine, divided
1 cup frozen peas
4 ounces goat cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:
Pour the chicken broth in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. The broth needs to be warm when you add it to the risotto.
Place the carrots, broccoli, and asparagus in a pot with about an inch of water. Cover and cook until tender. Set aside.  
Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and 3 tablespoons of the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Then, add the diced onions and minced garlic and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the steamed carrots, asparagus, and broccoli. Sprinkle in 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Remove this mixture from the pot and set aside.
Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter in the same pot over medium-low heat. Add the rice, stir, and cook 1 minute. Add half of the wine and 1 1/2 teaspoons of the salt. Stir and cook until the rice absorbs the wine. Then, add 1/2 cup of the warm chicken broth and let cook until the rice absorbs all of the broth. Keep repeating this step until all of the broth has been absorbed by the rice. Then, add the rest of the wine and cook until it is absorbed by the rice. Add the peas and stir to combine. Sprinkle in the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and remove from heat.
Stir in the goat cheese, Parmesan, and vegetables until combined. 
Source: The Pioneer Woman

10 comments:

  1. I'm sensing a risotto addiction! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mhmm I love risotto; it's so rich and creamy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The risotto looks so creamy and delicious. Love all the veggies that you used. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm this looks so good! i love that it has both parmesan and goat cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love risotto!! I only have the pleasure of enjoying it when I go out to eat. Maybe I'll make this for myself one day soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks so creamy and delish ! I love that you add loads of veggies ! Yum !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mister Pineapple ManApril 8, 2012 at 1:04 PM

    Risotto is my favorite but I'm too lazy to make it! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. at first I thought that risotto was hard to make but it is actually easy and I would love to try your recipe, it looks great

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm in love with peas. i usually try to avoid rice in all forms, but i'll make any exception for peas. :)

    ReplyDelete

SHARE

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...