Saturday, June 2, 2012

Garlic Bread

The first time I made this I forgot to turn on the broiler after the bread baked for 20 minutes and then, once I did turn it on, I left the bread in too long and it burned. Luckily, I had a little of the butter and herb mixture left over so I just spread it on sliced wheat bread. I ended up putting the wheat bread in the oven after I put in the baguette slices, so luckily the wheat slices did not get burned because they did not cook quite so long. The wheat really complimented the flavors of the garlic butter spread and the softness and crispiness of the slices was great.


Now, for take 2.
Start with salted butter!

Add minced garlic and place in the microwave for about 30 seconds to melt the butter.


Then, add in you herbs and spices.


Spread on bread, and place in the oven!

The second time I made this I only left it under the broiler for about 50 seconds. I stood next to the oven with the light on this time because I did not want it to burn. 


If you have extra butter mixture leftover and a little bread, just spread it on the bread and eat it plain! It's a great butter spread on bread even when you don't involve the oven.

Ingredients:
sliced bread, sliced French bread, or sliced country bread
1/2 cup salted butter
5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried dill
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Directions:
Melt the butter with the chopped garlic in a microwave safe bowl. Mix the garlic powder, dried dill, dried oregano, dried basil, and cayenne with the melted butter and garlic. Let this mixture sit until it hardens again.
Spread this mixture on each  slice of bread and wrap in aluminum foil. Bake for 20 minutes. Then, turn the broiler on and toast the tops of the bread for 1-2 minutes. Make sure it doesn't burn!
source: shutterbean

1 comment:

  1. My first garlic bread was also a bit of a failure.

    ReplyDelete

SHARE

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...