Friday, June 1, 2012

Parmesan Roasted Green Beans

I know a lot of people roast their vegetables in the oven, but for some reason I usually just do not think of roasting vegetables on a regular basis unless I see a specific recipe. With that, I really enjoyed these green beans because they were not too crisp or hard and were super simple to make.


The green beans I bought were already trimmed, but make sure you trim them if they are not already. Then, toss them with a little bit of olive oil and a few slices of garlic.


Next, add some red pepper flakes along with salt and pepper to taste. I don't little foods that are especially spicy, but I liked the kick that the flakes gave to these beans.


Then, roast at 400°F for  total of 30 minutes, tossing and adding in the parmesan at 10 minute intervals.


yum!

Ingredients:
1 lb. trimmed green beans
2 cloves garlic, thinly slices
2 glugs olive oil
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
juice of 1/2 lemon
salt and pepper, to taste
1/3 cup grated Parmesan Cheese

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Place green beans, garlic slices, olive oil, pepper flakes, and lemon juice on a baking sheet and toss. Season with salt and pepper and roast for 10 minutes. Toss the green beans again and cook another 10 minutes. Sprinkle Parmesan on top of the beans and cook for another 10 minutes until the cheese is crispy and melted.
Serve warm!
source: shutterbean

2 comments:

  1. Amy (Savory Moments)June 1, 2012 at 7:41 PM

    Mmmm... these beans look very flavorful! Roasting veggies is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love red pepper on my roasted veggies.

    ReplyDelete

SHARE

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...