Monday, July 23, 2012

Caprese Bagel Paninis

One of the things that frustrates me the most is when a recipe doesn't turn out the way you want it to.  

These paninis were fantastic, but I'm talking these bagels. I made bagels last week so I could make these paninis, but they just did not turn out the way I wanted them to. They didn't have the texture I was expecting and they didn't look like the puffy bagels I wanted them to be. I liked the way they tasted, but they didn't taste how a good, homemade bagel tastes. They just tasted like bread to me.


I liked them better than the hard store bought ones, but still. I'm on a search to find a much better bagel recipe. 

ANYWAYS, onto this great sandwich (which actually tasted great with the bread bagels).

First, start by slicing your tomato. I used an heirloom tomato.

First, spread a small amount of pesto on one side of the bagel.

Put a tomato slice on the other half of the tomato,

followed by a slice of mozzarella.

Place the pesto side of the bagel on top of the mozzarella slice,

and place the sandwich in a panini press for a couple of minutes. My sandwiches didn't brown as much as I thought they would, but they were done and crispy with melted cheese.


And you're done!

They may be a little hot for the first minute or so, but make you sure you eat it quickly while it's still warm.

Eat up!

Caprese Bagel Paninis
per 1 bagel: 

Ingredients:
1 bagel, cut horizontally 
1 mozzarella cheese slice
1 tomato slice
small amount of pesto

Directions:
Spread some pesto on one side of the bagel. Place the tomato slice on the other half, followed by the cheese. Place the pesto side on top of the cheese and place the whole bagel sandwich on a preheated panini press. Leave the bagel in the panini press until crispy and the cheese is melted. Serve immediately. 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful paninis with bagels love this for my breakfast

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I love the idea of making a panini with a bagel instead! and I love this classic flavour combo

    www.bake-online.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pesto looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i guess we have the italians to thank for this terrific combination of ingredients. great panini idea, and you tomato looks LUSCIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. food photographyJuly 25, 2012 at 4:09 AM

    Thanks for the caprese bagel paninis recipe.
    I'll create one for sure, my kids are gonna like it :)
    submit your food photos on a Food Photography site so the readers can enjoy your creations.
    It's a food photography site full of all DIY food pictures from members around the world. submit by yourself and let me know when you did, so I can share it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe it's just because of how beautiful they are, but heirloom tomatoes are pretty much the only type of tomato that I like!

    ReplyDelete

SHARE

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...