Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Jim Lahey's Chocolate Chip Cookies

After the first full week in school and not baking since Sunday, I made 4 different kinds of cookies on Friday night. Between all 4 recipes, I made over 100 cookies! I was originally going to just make 2 kinds, but then I wanted to make a 3rd kind, and then I wanted to make a 4th, and then I wanted to make a 5th, but I forced myself to stop because I needed to go to sleep. I think it would be a really good idea to stay up all night baking one night, but that's for another day....

...hopefully sometime in the very near future?

I couldn't decide which one was my favorite because they each had so many great qualities. I liked these because they are a simple, basic cookie, but are thin and soft. It's another chocolate chip cookie recipe, but I've already addressed my previous CCC dilemma. So, this is really only the second successful recipe I have for these classic cookies, and it's a great one! 

Ingredients




Onto a cookie sheet...

and baked until delicious!

Cooling time


Grab one off the stack before they're gone!


Jim Lahey's Chocolate Chip Cookies
makes about 20 cookies
from Bon Appetit March 2012

Ingredients:
1 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg, room temperature
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425˚F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment and set aside.
Stir together the flour, salt and baking powder in small bowl until combined. Set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the butter, light brown sugar and granulated sugar on medium-high speed until well combined, about 2 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until well combined and light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Reduce the speed, add the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Spoon heaping tablespoons of the dough onto the prepared baking sheets with the cookies 1 1/2 inches apart from each other. Bake 6-8 minutes, rotating pans halfway through baking, until the edges of the cookies are golden brown. Allow to rest on the baking sheets before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. 

9 comments:

  1. these look crazy delicious and i love how you used different plates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! these look incredibly good! I am having some serious chocolate chip cookie cravings now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Over 100 cookies? Wow, I need to stop by your house sometime ;) these looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not often that I drool at pictures, however, you definitely got me with these photos. My goodness, these look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I kinda like how flat they are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look perfect! Great meeting you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anna!
    You were so nice and lovely. I had such an amazing time with you and everyone this weekend! xo e

    ReplyDelete

SHARE

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...