Monday, August 20, 2012

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Raisin Granola Balls

Now I know that some people really don't like this, and I don't know about you, but I love baking and cooking at night once it's dark out (and when it's raining, unless the power goes out, but that's for another day).

Some people don't like working in the kitchen at night because there's no natural light but I don't really tell a difference in my photos taken in the day vs. night since they aren't that great at either time of day. Unless I want to take a picture outside of a piece of quiche or some other dinner deal that won't last overnight, I'm fine with it. Also, some don't like to eat late at night but I am so productive at night so if I ever eat when it's dark out I usually stay up even later cleaning or doing something that needs to be completed (the night does wonders for dirty rooms and unfinished assignments; there's usually no noise around and you can focus on the task at hand and get so much stuff accomplished).

Anyways...

Last night wasn't a baking cookies kind of night, but instead a granola kind that involved oats, raisins and peanut butter. I wasn't in the kitchen for long since these are very quick to make, but I still loved the process and the yummy end result. I think the next time I make these I'll try adding some chocolate chips!

Agave, peanut butter and butter to the stove.


The fun ingredients are added,

and stirred together.

Once the batter goes into mini cupcake wrappers and into the refrigerator to set you're all done!




Make them tonight!

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Raisin Granola Balls
makes about 20 pieces 

Ingredients:
1/3 cup agave nectar
1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup crispy rice cereal
1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1/4 cup raisins

Directions:
Place 20 mini cupcake wrappers on a rimmed baking sheet. Set aside. 
Combine the agave nectar, peanut butter, and butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the ingredients are melted, well-combined and smooth, 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in the rice cereal, oats and raisins. 
Drop heaping tablespoons of the mixture into the mini paper cupcakes wrappers. Refrigerate until set, about 15 minutes. Store in an airtight container and enjoy within 1 week. 

6 comments:

  1. I have trouble staying up to bake when it's dark out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sydney @ The Crepes of WrathAugust 21, 2012 at 10:37 AM

    I can't bake or cook at night - I am too tired and I just want to curl up on the couch! I do enjoy doing prep work for the next day at night, though - no photographing, just chopping and dicing and storing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I LOVE cooking/baking at night. It relaxes me, and it makes my house smell delicious

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sydney @ The Crepes of WrathMarch 1, 2013 at 11:02 PM

    I can't bake or cook at night - I am too tired and I just want to curl up on the couch! I do enjoy doing prep work for the next day at night, though - no photographing, just chopping and dicing and storing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I LOVE cooking/baking at night. It relaxes me, and it makes my house smell delicious

    ReplyDelete

SHARE

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...