Saturday, August 4, 2012

Simple Banana Ice Cream


This really isn't a traditional ice cream with eggs or cream because it only has one ingredient: bananas! The smooth and creamy texture that the bananas create resembles ice cream so well and is a quick and easy shortcut to make "ice cream".

I had 5 ripe bananas, so I made banana bread, but I still had these 2 1/2 left. I wanted to try something new, so I made this recipe because you don't need a specific amount of ripe bananas; you can just use however many you have. I was surprised by how well this turned out, because I did not think that just pureeing bananas would create such a great product.



Once you have a few ripe bananas, slice them and freeze until almost frozen, about 2 hours.


Once your bananas are frozen, place them in a food processor and puree until smooth and creamy.




These thin ginger snaps tasted great with this, but it is great on its own as well.

The next time I have ripe bananas I will make this and try stirring in some chocolate chips! Or peanut butter chips. Or both!

from shutterbean

4 comments:

  1. wow! that looks so creamy and delicious! it sounds brilliant on it's own but also a brilliant starting base for other flavours! I can't wait to have a go at this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea! And so simple. Healthy too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a wonderful way of making ice cream. It's about as healthy as ice cream can possibly get!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm making banana cake this week. This might be a good use for some of the leftover bananas.

    ReplyDelete

SHARE

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...