Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Strawberry Spinach Salad

This recipe and photos are from so long ago, and I'm not sure why I never posted it, but I thought it was about time since it was such a great dish.

I'm pretty sure I made this late December, and I remember making this and taking the photos, but somewhere in the last eight months it slipped my mind and I never thought about sharing it. Usually, when I make something I really enjoy I want to share it right away, but sometimes things slip and do not get the attention they deserve in a timely manner.


Better late than never!

Strawberry Spinach Salad
from Annie's Eats

Ingredients:
for the dressing:
1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons champagne
2 tablespoons granulated sugar

for serving:
fresh spinach
fresh strawberries
sliced, toasted almonds

Directions:
Combine ingredients in a food processor. Process until well combined and smooth. Serve atop a bed of spinach with sliced almonds and more strawberries. 

6 comments:

  1. Jessica_AKitchenAddictionAugust 14, 2012 at 7:59 AM

    I love strawberry spinach salad! It's perfect for the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a gorgeous salad! it's actually perfect that you waited a little while to post it, since strawberries weren't freshly in season back in the wintertime, but they are in a lot of places now. lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great point about the strawberries! It forgives my brain for having that little lapse...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This salad is beautiful and simple, just the way I like it. I love how the red of the strawberries contrasts so vividly with the spinach.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the perfect season for strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! I love strawberries in salads it makes such a nice change from the usual

    ReplyDelete

SHARE

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...