Thursday, September 6, 2012

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chip Cookies

I've been on a total cookie baking craze lately. Cookies used to be my least favorite item to bake, but now, they are one of my favorites!

I'm not really sure what changed to cause me to like to bake them more now, but it's just so much fun, especially when oats are involved. I love oatmeal cookies and they are perfect when they are soft, not too chewy, and filled with delicious peanut butter chips.

These are so good!


Here are the ingredients!


Have your dry ingredients ready!

After your butter and sugars are creamed and you've added the egg and vanilla, add your dry ingredients.

Then, fold in the oats and peanut butter chips. Make sure to use quick-cooking oats instead of old-fashioned. The quick-cooking oats prevent the cookies from being too chewy and it yields an amazing texture.

Baked and cooling!

This recipe is from one of the Magnolia Bakery cookbooks. I have another cookie recipe of theirs to share as well. I'm not sure which one I like more!

In the meantime, make these!

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
makes 3 dozen cookies

Ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg, room temperature
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
1 cup peanut butter chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F. Line at least 2 baking sheets with parchment and set aside.
Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter with the light brown sugar and granulated sugar until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until well combined. Add the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Fold in the oats and peanut butter chips.
Drop tablespoons of dough onto the prepared baking sheets and bake about 11 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. 

6 comments:

  1. Jessica_AKitchenAddictionSeptember 6, 2012 at 10:08 AM

    I love oatmeal cookies that have peanut butter in them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sydney @ The Crepes of WrathSeptember 6, 2012 at 10:37 AM

    I love baking cookies; no frosting, no decorating, just scoop and let 'em cool. Magnola makes some bad ass cookies. They do a brown sugar cookie that's to die for. I bet these are even better, being homemade and all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to try the brown sugar ones; they sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like making cookies because they bake so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yum! these look absolutely gorgeous! what a great combination of flavours

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in love with oatmeal and peanut butter!

    ReplyDelete

SHARE

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...