Saturday, September 8, 2012

Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad with Pecans and Blue Cheese

I've never been into salad dressings and I've especially veered away from them ever since I made a homemade caesar salad dressing last year. Seeing the anchovies was so disgusting and I almost gagged  when I tasted it. I really liked caesar dressing prior to this experience but I could not deal with it after I made it myself. I haven't had said dressing since then and don't think I ever will since it was so repulsing (and still is). Just thinking about it makes me cringe! 

So, I've been steering clear of salad dressings even more now. Everything is so much simpler and tastier (I think) without it. For this particular dish, I just added some different ingredients that I like and called it a meal. Easy, simple and so tasty.  

Here's what I threw together! 

Focus on the pecans first. They need to be toasted.

Then, start with a base of spinach...

followed by strawberries,

the toasted pecans,

some blue cheese,

and avocado to finish.


Quick and delicious, no dressing involved. 

1 comment:

  1. I won't mention the little tin that I brought home with me from the supermarket today....:-)

    ReplyDelete

SHARE

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...