Friday, November 9, 2012

Avocado Apple Arugula Salad

I've mentioned before that I'm not a huge fan of salad dressing, but this particular one looked so delicious and I decided to give the dressing a try. I also used to not really like arugula, but I like it now! 

I am so glad I decided to make this because the flavors were so perfect together and tasted so good. 


All you have to do is make the dressing, chop up several ingredients, and then toss together. It's super easy! 

Arugula!! 

Add-ins

Dressing that I actually liked! 


And if you don't think you like something in this salad, try it anyway! You might surprise yourself. 

I sure did! 

Avocado Apple Arugula Salad
from shutterbean
serves 3

Ingredients:
for the dressing:
1 tablespoon honey mustard
juice of 1 lemon, divided
2 tablespoons olive oil

for the salad:
1 apple, chopped
1 avocado, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped red onion
5 oz. arugula
3 tablespoons sunflower seeds

Directions:
To make the dressing, whisk together the honey mustard, juice from 1/2 lemon, and olive oil in a small bowl.
To make the salad, chop the apples and squeeze the remaining 1/2 lemon juice over the chopped apples to prevent discoloration. Chop avocado and red onion.
Place the arugula, chopped apple, chopped avocado, chopped red onion, and sunflower seeds in a large bowl. Pour the dressing on top.

4 comments:

  1. mm..this salad sure looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love arugula and salad dressing, so this sounds fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that trying something new turned out for the better! This inspires me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. it was amazing! unlike those unmentionable disaster cookies...

    ReplyDelete

SHARE

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...