Monday, November 26, 2012

Cranberry Brie Grilled Cheese

DSC_0126
When I realized that the leftover cranberry sauce from Thursday was already gone by Friday morning and then saw this sandwich later that afternoon, I knew that another batch of burgundy amazingness would have to be coming soon in the future.

DSC_0131Then, when picking up more berries to make more cranberry sauce and get the ingredients for this sandwich that I had not stopped thinking about, I found the brie right next to the fresh cranberries. This sandwich was just waiting to happen, and I am so glad it did.

So, after I made a double recipe of cranberry sauce on Saturday night, I was ready to make this incredible sandwich for lunch on Sunday.

DSC_0098-001
One of the many reasons I could not stop thinking about this sandwich is because it is a combination of my favorite things:

cranberry sauce: the best part about Thanksgiving and leftovers, until we eat it all. So, now you have an excuse to make more!

cheese: brie is wonderful when it melts and when combined with cranberry sauce, it is hard to go wrong.

bread and butter: what else is there left to say?

DSC_0111
Just as long as you include generous amounts of every ingredient and don't burn the sandwich, you will have an amazing meal in no time.

Also, I'm a little weirded out by the brie rind, so I just fed it to our dogs...

DSC_0128


Love in 4 ingredients awaits.

Cranberry Brie Grilled Cheese
per 1 sandwich:

Ingredients:
2 slices bread
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup cranberry sauce
generous chunk of Brie cheese

Directions
Butter one side of each slice of bread and place, butter side down, on a plate. Spread the cranberry sauce on one side of the open sandwich and the brie on the other side. Carefully allow the brie side to meet the cranberry side to make a sandwich.
Heat a non-stick skillet over medium low heat and then place your sandwich in the pan. Once the side facing the pan has turned golden brown, flip and allow the up side to become golden. 
Slice in two and serve immediately. 

16 comments:

  1. Looks amazing ! Hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving .

    ReplyDelete
  2. delicious! i fell in love with it when i saw it on joy's blog.



    cakes-carina.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want one of these now!


    www.bake-online.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious..I could eat 2 of those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a perfect way to use up our cranberry sauce!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this and started drooling!! I love keeping up with your yummy blog. Keep up the cooking (:

    Ally

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much! Hope to see you soon!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks!! Hope you had a great day as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM. first of all, the color of that cranberry sauce makes this a most beautiful sandwich. i'm sure it doesn't hurt for flavor, either--brie is a magical melting cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  10. when i was able to eat brie i was weirded out by the rind too. while i am not a fan of cranberry sauce, i do like the combination of the sweet/sour of it with the creamy goodness of the brie. looks wonderful!

    angry asian creations

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE the color of cranberry sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brie and cranberry work so well together. I love to make baked brie with cranberry relish.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to bake brie and cranberry sauce into puff pastry!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Renee @ Tortillas and HoneyDecember 13, 2012 at 1:17 PM

    Hmmmm.... this reminds me of my favorite appetizer in a sandwich form. A grilled cheese sandwich form at that! Genuis!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this looks delicious, I wish I had some brie in the fridge

    Sian

    http://kitchenfairies.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this sandwich! I'm a huge fan of jam and cheese together so this is right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete

SHARE

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...