Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Pumpkin Cream Cheese

DSC_0082
With the end of the semester rapidly approaching, I haven't been cooking or baking quite as much. Thanksgiving was a nice break filled with lots of goods, but now I am just waiting for these two weeks to be over so I can go on another baking spree.

DSC_1676
So, I was really into pumpkin one morning and made three different pumpkin things in order to use a whole can of the puree. I didn't want any of it to go to waste!

DSC_0008
Luckily, this is super simple and makes a lot. I spread it on sweet potato bread and the two orange foods came together and tasted great.

So, here is a spread before the Christmas cookies descend upon us (even though they already have).

DSC_0075

Pumpkin Cream Cheese
makes about 1 1/2 cups

Ingredients:
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
2 tablespoons maple syrup (or agave) 
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon 

Directions
Beat together all of the ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover and chill for at least an hour before using. 

6 comments:

  1. mh..this looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love pumpkin and try to bake with it as often as possible before the season leaves us behind. I would happily spread this on some bread to eat for breakfast any day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pumpkin cream cheese on pumpkin bagels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you made three different pumpkin things to use up the puree ;) Hope you get more baking time in soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. December 19!! I can't wait to get on the holiday baking.

    ReplyDelete

SHARE

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...