Wednesday, January 2, 2013

13 Food Resolutions for 2013

DSC_1531

I've never really made a point to make resolutions for the new years, but I thought it might be a good idea to record 13 foods that I want to make in 2013. I guess these aren't resolutions, but rather just a list. This list is usually in my head, not written anywhere, so I don't always remember everything that I want to make. Maybe this list will help me accomplish everything this year!
So, in no particular order, I want to...

1. roast a chicken: It sounds like a simple, really delicious technique that I want to learn how to do.

2. make scones: I'm thinking of lemon blueberry first. 

3. make homemade pasta: we don't have a pasta maker, roller, attachment or anything like that right now, but I'll hopefully be able to find a way to make pasta this year. 

4. bake beet chips: although I've never tried beets before, maybe this will make me try them. 

5. fry doughnuts: just because! 

6. make sourdough bread: I need to plan a time when I can prepare a starter, first. 

7. make biscotti: I've only had biscotti one time, but it looks really fun to make. 

8. bake a cake with fondant: I don't make cakes too often, but I want to try a small cake with fondant. 

9. make croissants: why not! 

10. bake an ice cream layer cake: just another something that looks fun to make!

11. make some kind of meringue cookies: I've made basic meringues before, but I want to try a variation with chocolate or something like that.

12. make truffles: all different kinds!

13. make popsicles: fudge, strawberry, mango?

So, in 12 months, I'll see how it goes! 

19 comments:

  1. I love your food resolutions list - I would love to make scones this year - and truffles too! Oh and croissants and fried donuts! Ok, I want to make everything on this list. Thank you for reminding me what I want to tackle this year! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. croissants are on my to-make list this year as well! This is such a great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this idea! i think i will create a list of my own. it might even include a few of yours (croissants, why not??)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could definitely come up with a list of 13+ more items! There are so many amazing foods!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like croissants are a little involved, but they're super delicious at least!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wanting to make them for soo long but have never got around to it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. While scones are nowhere near my favorite treat, they are quite easy to make. That would be a great place to start working on your list. Frying doughnuts and making pasta are on my list too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've made scones twice before (and blogged about the cinnamon scones), but I want to make more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loving these food resolutions, especially the biscotti one (because I've never made a sweet one, either) and truffles. I cannot wait to see how these go for you! Happy cooking in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never remember what I wanted to make either.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great food goals! I would love to make my own pasta also - seems fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi!! Thanks for leaving some wise words on my macaron post! These food resolutions are great! I've always wanted to make homemade pasta, truffles, and use fondant. Fondant is not as hard as it appears to be. You just have to have the right tools to smooth it out! I recently made my first batch of peppermint meringues and the secret I think is making sure it is thoroughly mixed into what recipes called "Peaks". =)

    Have fun on your baking travels...I'm going to try to make the macrons as soon as possible so I would love for you to check back to my blog! Maybe I'll get it on the first try! =)

    Have a great weekend!

    Ergo - Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great list! I love this idea. Thanks for stopping by my site. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm still waiting for the day when I have macarons perfected and I don't worry about them anymore! I also think part of it, with me at least, is that it's about your mindset. If I weren't so nervous all the time when I made them maybe they would turn out better because I wasn't putting so much stress into them!
    Anyway, good luck, Chloe!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Caz@SeparateToastersJanuary 4, 2013 at 2:24 PM

    Great list. Beet chips are really good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I should have totally made a food resolution list - what a great idea! I love roasting chicken breast side down - it makes it so juicy and fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are great! Good luck! Pasta is on my list also! Joy The Baker's recipe looks great! http://joythebaker.com/2009/09/homemade-and-handmade-pasta/

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's a great list! I've been wanting to do a lot of those for a while too. Maybe this is the year!

    ReplyDelete

SHARE

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...