Monday, January 21, 2013

Chocolate Chunk Brownies

DSC_1821

I try to be adventurous and different with the things I make and eat, but in reality, I'm not really the person to go out and try some crazy flavor combination. I like to try new things, but I tend to lean towards things I know well, such as cookies, grilled cheese and apples. And pretty much the ultimate food I know the best? Brownies, of course! 

DSC_1838

Brownies are just one of those foods that I can count on to always bake perfectly, to always come together and to always taste right, if I don't burn them or forget any ingredients, that is. 

DSC_1666

Brownies are safe, brownies are reliable. The weather? Hmm... not so much. 

DSC_1821

Chocolate Chunk Brownies
makes 12-16 brownies

Ingredients:
3/4 cup unsalted butter
4 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
2 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F. Butter an 8x8-inch pan and line with a strip of parchment that hangs over the sides of the pan. Butter the parchment.
Place the butter, unsweetened chocolate and bittersweet chocolate in a double broiler. Stir until the butter and chocolate melts together, then remove from heat and set aside.
Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
Whisk together the sugar, eggs and vanilla until combined in a large bowl. Add the melted butter and chocolate and whisk until combined. Fold in the dry ingredients, followed by the chocolate chips.
Spoon the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with the spatula. Bake 38-40 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean, rotating half way through.
Allow to cool before removing from the pan and cutting into pieces. Store in an airtight container. 

8 comments:

  1. Kayle (The Cooking Actress)January 21, 2013 at 6:58 PM

    Oooh these brownies look thick and intensely chocolatey! Just how I like em!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a 9x9 pan because I always use my 8x8 pan so I can have a thicker bar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of these days I'm going to conquer brownies. Mine never come out well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can totally do it! I used to be soo bad at making cookies, and then it just clicked one day. Simple, classic recipes can totally throw me off because I overthink absolutely everything. Also, in addition to this brownie recipe, I have this one on my blog: http://fourandtwentyblackberries.blogspot.com/2011/09/brownies.html
    it's more fudgy compared to this one I would say, if you wanted to look at another recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmm...these look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look sooooo good! There goes the New year's Resolutions!

    ReplyDelete

SHARE

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...