Saturday, February 23, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles

DSC_0246

I feel like there is a large distance between chocolate chip cookie dough and actual baked, warm, chocolate chip cookies. I know that many love the final cookie product, but I lean more towards the colder dough product. I really do not like it with raw eggs, though, but of course there is an egg-free option, which is in these truffles. Not only do these truffles contain cookie dough, but there are smothered in chocolate. Woah!

It's like the opposite of a chocolate chip cookie with a gooey, chocolate-stuffed center. But those are for me to share with you later, not now.

DSC_0114

This recipe makes many more truffles than are shown on the baking sheet above, but our freezer is just not large or wide enough to fit a regular size baking sheet. I have daydreams of large refrigerators every now and then...

But for now, we just freeze the dough in small batches, dip in melted chocolate and enjoy.

DSC_0231

Cookie Dough Truffles 
makes about 30 truffles
Ingredients:
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature 
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips, plus more for garnish
20 oz. bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped (I used bittersweet) 

Directions
Cream together the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the flour, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla until smooth and combined. Stir in the chocolate chips, cover with plastic and refrigerate until firm enough to be rolled into balls. 
Roll the cookie dough into about 1-inch balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Place in the freezer to chill for 1-2 hours. 
When ready to dip the truffles in chocolate, melt the chopped chocolate in a double broiler. Dip each cookie dough ball, one at a time, in the melted chocolate and place back on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips on top of the truffles after dipping and before the chocolate sets completely. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container. 

18 comments:

  1. Kayle (The Cooking Actress)February 23, 2013 at 1:02 PM

    ooooooh cookie dough how I love thee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I thought I was the only one who preferred cookie dough to cookies! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm actually not a huge fan of chocolate chip cookies! They're delicious, of course, but I much prefer the unbaked version!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are amazing stuffs. I make these a while ago (different recipe though) and they were simply addictive! I say, the dough is always better than the baked cookies themselves...wait, I actually love them both! hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elizabeth,
    I hear ya on the large refrigerator! I've got a metal tray that fits perfectly in my freezer, though, so that is my 'go to' tray for freezing anything from scoops of cookie dough to blueberries to corn cut off the cob to roasted garlic. (I do wash it in between, in case you were thinking that the cookie dough was getting all garlicky.)
    These truffles look divine--as does the pretty cake stand under--I love the texture in the photo.


    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julia // A Cedar spoonFebruary 24, 2013 at 9:32 AM

    Cookie dough is the best..these truffles look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are no words... These look incredible!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! They look delicious, and they are just plain pretty :)
    thenoblewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you about the difference between the dough and the cooked product. I think that's why I've always preferred the cooked product!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look phenomenal. So yummy! Depends what mood I'm in, but usually I can be sold on dough or warm cookies :) doesn't take much to sway me either way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. http://liveeatsmilerepeat.comFebruary 25, 2013 at 7:51 PM

    this is... amazing!! thanks so much for sharing!! dying to try this now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. marcie @ flavor the momentsFebruary 26, 2013 at 10:10 PM

    These look amazingly delicious! I love the fact that they require no baking, and they're cute as a button.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm one for cute and small desserts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. all-purpose flour and nod backing??? Don`t belive its good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm salavating!! I have to try these!!! =)

    These seem so much easier than cake pops!! =)

    Ergo - Blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never made cake pops, but I can say that these truffles are really fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

SHARE

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...